Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) DM-550 (SOLD)
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- The tailored two-way closed box design incorporates a 6in bass/midrange driver with a large magnet assembly thrusting high pressure sound reproduced to precise limits dictated by the dimensions of small enclosure.
- A one piece moulding has been used to strengthen the cabinet rigidity between drivers and front baffle. The metal-domed high frequency unit dictated by CAD allows the simplest of crossovers to be used. All of which increases cost-effectiveness without impairing linearity.
- B&W’s Tweeter technology ensures that the sound remains focused and time sensitive and that the stereo image is presented with unparalleled three dimensional accuracy.
- The cabinets feature a specially designed high density front baffle which achieves almost Matrix-like stability in strengthening overall enclosure construction. The bevel edges of the front moulding reduce diffraction and improve dispersion.
- The crossover components use heavy gauge wire throughout and new drivers guarantee not only high reliability but ensure that good specifications are met.
- 1 x 26mm high-frequency with aluminium dome, One 26mm coil on aluminium former, wound with polymide resin and heat cured
- 1 x 160mm bass/midrange with composite short fibre, 26mm coil on high temperature former, wound with polymide resin and heat cured
75Hz – 20kHz ± 2.5dB on reference axis
87dB spl(2.83V 1m)
10W – 75W into 8 ohms on unclipped programme
RV HIFI Product Specific Report:(our report on the specific product you are looking at and what work we have done to restore it)
[tab title=”Sound:”]Very accurate, responsive and Smooth sound.
|Dimensions||43 x 50 x 35 cm|